First-Time Home Buyers in Ottawa and Orleans
We Help You Find The Perfect Home
Buying a home can be a daunting process, especially if it’s your first time. We understand that you’re not just choosing a place to live; you’re choosing a place to grow while investing in your future.
At Feely Homes, our team works with you to get a full understanding of your lifestyle and what you want from your new home. Some of the questions we ask include:
- Do you need a home office space?
- Is your family going to grow?
- Do you want features that reduce your environmental impact?
- How many vehicles do you own? Are you planning on owning more in the future??
- Do you need this home to accommodate you through various stages of life?
- What sort of neighbourhood are you looking for? Do you want to live in the city? In the country?
- What are you looking for in a community?
- Does your school district matter?
- What kind of access to transportation are you looking for?
- Is it important to be near family and friends?
- Do you wish to have a park or trails nearby?
- Where do you work? How long a commute do you want?
- Is it important to keep your children at the same school they currently attend?
- What look and feel are you going for?
- Do you enjoy hosting friends and family?
So many of our clients have thanked us for our detailed approach. Your first home may be the most important purchase you ever make – and we want to make sure you don’t regret it.
Why Should I Hire A Real Estate Agent?
Whether you’re buying or selling, a real estate agent is here to guide you through every step of the process. Our experienced real estate agents have managed hundreds of transactions, and the Feely Homes Real Estate Team works closely with key experts in the industry to get you your dream home at the best price.
If you’re buying in Ottawa, our team has an intimate knowledge of neighbourhoods in the city. Not only can we get you an inside look at the neighbourhoods people are talking about, but we can also match you to the neighbourhood that’ll promote the lifestyle you’re looking for!
First-Time Home Buyers
Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I work with a real estate agent?
They represent YOU
When you hire a real estate agent, they are legally obliged to make decisions based only on your best interests. That means whether you’re negotiating the buying or selling of a house, they will only act according to your needs.
They know how to negotiate
With this in mind, a real estate agent is experienced in property transactions, an area most people don’t get a whole lot of experience in. An agent’s education and experience are entirely geared towards buying and selling homes, and they’ll break the process down into digestible chunks for you to understand. They’re also great at negotiating with other buyers and sellers, and they also have access to special market insights.
They save you time
By assessing and understanding your needs, a certified real estate agent can screen properties to show you only the ones that meet your needs.
Is working with a real estate agent expensive?
Not at all! Real estate agent fees are paid on commission from sales. This means your real estate agent’s fees are paid by the seller of the home you purchase.
For sellers, you choose the commission percentage you want to pay at the same time as you set your home’s listing price. This means the seller is in charge of what the buying agent will make.
Whether you’re buying or selling, just remember that your real estate agent is legally obliged to work in your best interest. We promise to serve you and your needs throughout every step of the process, and we’re proud of our excellent track record with our previous clients!
When I find a home I like, what should I offer?
Before you make an offer, it’s best to consult with your agent. There are a few things to consider when deciding what price you’re going to pay for a property, including:
- The price range from the area or neighbourhood. Is the asking price consistent with similar properties in the area?
- What updates or renovations will be needed when you move in? Is everything in working order?
- How much do you really want the home?
If the property has been on the market for a very long time, the seller may be more willing to accept a lower offer. And if you are absolutely sure you want that property, and it’s situated in a competitive market, you may want to offer the asking price, or even go above.
It’s a lot to consider, but we’re here to help! We’ll make sure we understand your needs and help you get the home of your dreams while staying in your budget.
What if my first offer is rejected?
If your first offer is rejected, don’t be discouraged! This is a normal part of the buying process. The initial rejection means it’s time to start negotiating. At this point, we take over to make sure you get the home you love at the best possible price.
What happens at closing?
With your agent, you will meet the seller to close the deal. It’s important to make sure you understand any documentation the seller will have you sign. And if you don’t understand something, don’t be afraid to ask! There’s a lot of money on the table, and it’s important you know exactly what you’re agreeing to.